Foundations of Economics
What you will learn
- Describe facts and issues about the Philippine, ASEAN, and world economies.
- Think like an economist, through the application of economic concepts such as scarcity, opportunity cost, trade-offs, cost and benefit, incentives, supply and demand, etc. to real world situations.
- Read university-level economics materials closely and consistently.
- Write and converse with clarity.
- Consistently work well with others, participate in group and class discussions with an open mind and respect for other views.
This course introduces students to basic facts about the economy and provides a deeper understanding of the economic problems surrounding a country. Students are expected to develop skills and ideals that will encourage them as concerned citizens to take active interest in the issues surrounding the domestic and global economy.
Meet your instructorAnna Abatayo
Are there prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Where was this class taught?
Online via the De La Salle University Canvas (Manila, Philippines).
When was this class taught?
Two classes were taught in Term 1, AY 2019-2020.